Friday, October 29

[Just keep on smiling]
Yesterday I waltzed into the KUC, comfortable and content, to sign up for my cap and gown. I thought I might take a gander at my campus mail while I was there. Good thing I did, since I got a letter saying I'm one hour short of being able to graduate in December. I held it together until I got in my car, dashed to Cope, and stepped inside some woman's cubicle long enough for her to explain my situation. And then I unloaded. It was all fists and elbows. Just kidding. More like snot and tears. She said I could try to CLEP out of a P.E. or something, and I asked if I could get an independent study in Mass Comm. She said that would be fine. So I tracked down Ray Wong -- who had known about my situation since Oct. 4 and said, "I wondered when you were going to come talk to me about this!" -- and pressured him into giving me something to do. I offered to design a new brochure for Mass Comm. He said he'd see about it. So he e-mailed me last night and said Ed Kimbrell "gnashed his teeth" when he heard about my wanting to do something so late, but that he acquiesced when he found out I'd be slave labor, making Mass Comm some free propaganda. The saga continues...

4 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

That sounds like something that would happen to me. That is, if I get anywhere close to being finished with this school.

Fri Oct 29, 01:34:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

That is SO TYPICAL of this place. Unfortunately, it is the norm. Good luck! Let us know how it all turns out!

Sat Oct 30, 11:25:00 AM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

Oh, man. The same freaking thing happens to you and Amanda. That sucks. If these circumstances don't push me to go talk to an adviser, I'll probably run into the same trouble as you guys.

Sat Oct 30, 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I know. Ridiculous, right? I think the only adviser I trust is the Paula woman who does advising full time. I've talked to Ray Wong (my adviser) several times over the past two years about my path, and he's signed off on my degree audit/upper division forms more than once. And still he didn't catch it. What a wank!

Sun Oct 31, 07:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home