Sunday, October 17

[Unmoved, untouched, unglued]
I called out of work yesterday. I woke up and just wasn't feeling standing around for eight hours while the most beautiful weather of the year slipped by. Of course, the day was overshadowed by my guilty conscience, but I managed to swallow all that bitter remorse long enough to go to Great Escape in Gallatin with Phil. He bought several records (Seals&Crofts, Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young, The Who, Black Sabbath, Plastic Ono Band) for about $20 and I made it out with Beck's Mutations and The Cardigans' Gran Turismo. After actually hearing it, I'm not really sure why I bought it. I popped their older disc (First Band on the Moon) into my player a week or so ago and my more mature, post-modern self found it groovier than my high school senior self found it several years ago. So I thought their newer one might add some estrogen pop into my collection. Now I'm not so sure. But I'll have to give it some time.

Tomorrow I'm jetting off to the Hamptons. If you didn't read the previous sentence in the most ostentatious voice you can muster, start over and do it again. There. Much better. Anyway, I'll be hanging out with Amber until Thursday. We've got a plethora of to dos: Visit a corn maze, visit a haunted house, see Team America (which she saw over the weekend and thought was funny), play The Sims 2 until our eyeballs bleed, watch Strangers With Candy Vol. 3, chase geese, drive everyone crazy with our Southern drawls, etc. The usual. I'll post pics as I take them.

Two months 'til graduation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home