Tuesday, June 21

[Suture self]
I made the trek home for a bit to visit with my pops for Father's Day and help my sister move into her new house. Well, that was the plan, anyway. I figured I'd spend the day sweaty, fending off yellowjackets and sweat bees as I lugged soggy boxes from the trailer to the truck, and then the truck to the house. But I was pleasantly surprised when she instead whisked me and my nephews off to Florence to hunt down a shower door and an air conditioner.

Savannah will once again be my destination in about a week, however, since I am just shy of being completely inept. Meaning: I forgot my car tag/title paperwork and my tags expire at the end of this month. (That was one-third of the reason I went in to begin with, the other thirds being Father's Day and helping Kris move. Thanks, brain!) I have no desire to register in this money-sucking county called Shelby when Hardin County only wants $36 for my business (versus a hundred here plus an emissions test). And I need to meet up with Palm Tree the Unprecedented and give her the cartoon and SWISH movies for a year, at which point we will probably switch back. Or something. Like joint custody. And we need to, more importantly, visit with one another and paint Savannah red. Blood red. Because she has a zombie movie I'd like to get a sneak peek at.

My mom returns to Tennessee tomorrow afternoon. Her flight lands here in town at 2:44, at which time I'll pick her up and she'll drop me off at work. She's pretty much called me every night, really excited about the prospect of what she's doing. I'm so glad to see her happy and optimistic about a job. She said I'm her first official sub-contractor, as I'll be designing her business cards and letterheads and all that and probably getting paid for it. I'll probably try to get her set up with web hosting, too, though I wish I could be of more help with actual web design. I'm sure I can find a business template somewhere on this great white web and take my cues (and code) from it and make her a functional site.

+++
Things are so complicated. Everything. I'm at a point in my life where I'm 'at a point in my life.' And every time I look in the mirror I wonder where the lines are coming from. Why gravity seems to take its toll on my eyes the most.

+++
See what I see. If only for a minute.

4 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

Shit, man. Jimmy and I were in Savannah also this weekend and we scored big at the Krump flea market. Its astounding we didn't run into one another.

Tue Jun 21, 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

By the way, what is your mom doing anyway?

Tue Jun 21, 09:55:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Well, hell fire! I didn't see a soul I knew the whole time, and y'all were so close!

She's taking a blitz course to be certified as a legal nurse consultant, who are who lawyers turn to when they need professional medical opinions for their cases but don't want to turn to doctors, who charge several hundred dollars per hour for their time. Nurses charge a bit less, but offer pretty much the same expertise. It's a lot of going through records and deciphering them for attorneys, and she can even be asked to take the witness stand in some cases. So she'll be pimping her services out to the Mid-South and, hopefully, eventually make enough dough to quit her other job and just work for herself.

Tue Jun 21, 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Ah. Interesting. What does she know about mono?

Wed Jun 22, 02:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home