Monday, June 6

[All I ever learned from love was how to shoot someone]
I think the eye doctor duped me today. I can't be sure, since my scanty internet research on near-sightedness is, well, scanty. Anyway, he convinced me to buy pricey contacts that allow for greater oxygen transfer. He seems to think that my 23-year-old eyes keep getting worse (they're both up to a -6.50 now) because of the contacts I've been wearing, which don't allow for much oxygen transfer at all. According to him, oxygen deprivation will speed sight degeneration (my research seems to concur). So my eyes have been getting worse all this time because I've been wearing contacts that prevent my eye from "breathing." He also told me that I couldn't get Lasik until my eyes stabilized and stopped getting worse. Supposedly, these new contacts are supposed to help level me out. They're a little more rigid than my old Acuvues, and they feel pretty good. I can see street signs again, which is awesome. And, you know, safe. I have to go back in a week so he can make sure they're working out for me. I have a feeling he wants me to come back so he can charge me $60 for five minutes.

Sigh. Why am I convinced that everyone is out to screw me over? Is it because everyone wants my money and I don't know who to trust?

Update on Rickey: The doctors thought the fracture was so precariously reset (they compared it to trying to align two golf tees "pointy end to pointy end") and fragile that they needed to bind the arm up tight and keep him overnight to make sure it didn't move at all. So maybe he goes home today. I'm actually not sure.

6 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

Last night I dreamt I was in a terrible car accident. I watched from my mangled body as the doctors rushed around the operating table and stuck me with needles until I went under. I felt myself fall asleep with the anesthesia, but I could also feel them opening me up and putting my bones back together. Then my mother picked took me to the pharmacy to get my pain pills and I saw a cat carrier for half price, so she bought it for Maevis.

Mon Jun 06, 05:28:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

No more mescaline before bed.

Mon Jun 06, 06:06:00 PM  
Blogger J. R. said...

and damn it- you cribbed a quote for your title i have used before! that jeff buckley is ubiqutous!

Mon Jun 06, 09:23:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Actually, I thought I was stealing it from Rufus Wainwright! And now that I've googled it, I see that I got it wrong and left out a word. So that's not technically plagiarism. It's ART!

Tue Jun 07, 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger J. R. said...

...i think ole Rufus may have covered it...which is all ridiculous because, well, it's a Leonard Cohen song anyway.

Tue Jun 07, 02:22:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I lit a thin green candle
To make you jealous of me
But the room just filled up with mosquitoes
They heard that my body was free
...Sorry, I hear Leonard Cohen and I just start singing...

Tue Jun 07, 04:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home