Thursday, June 9

[Your cherry red lipstick]
It's coming a flood, as they say, beyond the plate glass.

In preparation of my social date tonight, I have painted the ol' toenails red. I still haven't picked out a place to eat. I'm wondering if we should go somewhere that I can get good and sloshed so I'll actually feel like talking. A lot.

We spoke on the phone yesterday for a minute or two, just to confirm the date and time and such. She sounds much different from how I remember her. It could be her years of professional training (she's a stage actress), but it wasn't even her diction that struck me; it was the pitch of her voice. It's an octave higher than I remember.

Thanks to all who have called and written regarding Floozygate. Phil tells me he's going to be stern with her and make sure she backs off. Failing that, it's going to be all fists and elbows.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Try to have fun tonight!!!

Fri Jun 10, 03:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad it isn't me! I'm pretty embarassed to say that I'm sure the only memories she has of me is in my middle school skin, raving and foaming at the mouth about my sax teacher.

Fri Jun 10, 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thanks Cheryl! I actually did have fun, and I plan to write about it sometime tomorrow.

PT, I told her about how you and I had just discussed how ashamed we are of how we were in high school, and she said she didn't think we were assholes. But ... maybe she was just being polite. Because we totally were.

Sat Jun 11, 12:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home