Monday, December 20

[Let's see where this 12-pack takes us]
I could sit here all night and play Digby's Donuts, but I won't. There are gifts to wrap and canvases to paint. Plus I only have the trial version, so it would be silly to waste my whole 60 minutes tonight.

Today was long. 10 hours in a department store, under buzzing lights, handling germy money. People do this for a living and don't complain a bit. The universe is odd. I didn't hear back from Memphis today, so I'm calling them tomorrow. I'd like to rest easy knowing there's a light at the end of my tunnel.

Why do I make myself bleed? On the list of disgusting habits, picking at your face/scabs/nails until you bleed is definitely up there with smoking and necrophilia. The worst part is that I don't even know when I'm doing it, and when I realize I'm doing it, I feel obligated to finish the job. I shouldn't be allowed in public.

Oh, Phil's sister Brooke is scheduled (informally, of course) to have her baby this week. Another Christmas baby in the family would be a weird coincidence. I once knew some twins born on xmas day. Why do we think of birthdays on xmas as rare? I don't know the statistics or anything, but I'm sure there are as many people born on Dec. 25 as there are on any other day of the year. The odds are the same, right? Anyway, I hope it goes well and that she and the baby stay healthy. She's so small that I worry about complications. Hrm.

I still haven't mailed my effin' xmas cards. What's the point now? They'll just be delayed so that the post office can check their every crevice for anthrax.

It's damn cold outside. Snuggle up with someone you love and whisper obscenities in his/her ear. Or beard.

2 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

Haaaaaaa. You're hilarious, like a bowl of hamster milk.

What symbolizes the blue period for women? Non-padded cotton bras?

I think most babies born on Christmas day are probably somehow connected to Jesus. Or one of the wise men. Whatever.

Tue Dec 21, 02:12:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I have that same digusting habit. However, I like picking at my pockmarks until they ooze puss...which I then sniff. I'm digusting, I know. Is there an offical term for our affliction?

Wed Dec 22, 04:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home