Tuesday, November 23

[Caution could but rarely ever helps]
I didn't get a whole lot of time to acquaint myself with the new computer today, but I thought about it at work and decided to name it "Fuji," after my favorite type of apple. That's sufficiently corny, right?

Nick came over and installed all sorts of goodies: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, lots of fonts, some incomplete version of Quark, etc. I rewarded his kindly deed with a six-pack of Dos Equis, which, thankfully, he actually likes. I just have to get used to not having to wait on every page to take 10 seconds to load. This thing is lightning fast and it's so freaking beautiful to look at. I have my desktop set where it changes to a different abstract, ambient photo every 30 minutes. It's like a bubblebath for your eyeballs.

Amber's coming in tomorrow night, so I'm looking forward to seeing her. I guess I'll be driving home on the worst day of the year to drive, spending Thursday nibbling at bird and bread, and spending Friday driving back so I can help accommodate the scores of rabid, desperate shoppers that will inundate America's malls. But then the weekend should be fun. The Kids will surely get together, and I'll try my best to knock out some of that colossal to-do list.

Hope everyone has a safe and pleasant holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home