Tuesday, November 9

[A working-class hero is something to be]
Buying a computer is harder than I thought. I just spent 15 minutes on a conference call with Irene from Apple and my dad. The outcome? Tomorrow I have to call and beg yet another bank to give me a $2,000 loan.

+++
I got some xmas shopping out of the way today. Until Thursday, Dillard's is giving their employees an extra 20 percent off of stuff. We already get a 25 percent discount, so I can get some pretty cool stuff for reasonable prices. And by "pretty cool stuff" I mean 310-count luxury sheets that I've been drooling over since they stocked the shelves with them. Phil and I just got them out of the dryer. They're warm and fragrant and it's hard for me not to just call it a day and go crawl into them right now. Oh yeah, I got stuff for other people, too. But I can't say what.

+++
I got a call today from someone with a 917 prefix, which, according to this site, is the prefix for Manhattan cell phones and pagers. I only know two people who live in New York, and they would have either called me from their phones or left me a message. Was it the New York Times calling to beg me to work for them?

+++
We took Gonzo to the vet today and learned that he probably has adrenal gland disease, a pretty common disorder in aging ferrets. It makes their hair fall out and, from what I gather, will eventually kill them if left untreated. Gonz has been losing hair for a month or so, and I was afraid it might be adrenal gland problems. There are two options. One: A $250 ultrasound that can let the vet look at the glands to see if they're abnormally large, and if they are, he's got to have surgery that will be at least $500. Two: To forgo the ultrasound and go straight to surgery, which will let the doctor poke around in his innards to make sure they're in top shape. Either way, it'll be costly and not necessarily entirely effective. I'm just worried about him and don't want him to get any sicker. I hate knowing that they only live for seven years or so, and they're already three and a half.

3 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

Oh, Lindsey, that's awful. Poor little Gonzo. We should have a yardsale to raise money for his ultrasound. Jimmy's got some crap he wants to get rid of.

Wed Nov 10, 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Aw, thanks. It is pretty sad, but at least there's some hope of treatment. And we don't know for sure if that's the problem, so there's still some hope that he just needs some fat and vitamins to fluff him up. He's at a healthy weight, and he eats and plays and sleeps normally, so I don't know. The yard sale is actually a really good idea. I'm sure we have some shit to get rid of. We could have it on the tennis court and everything.

Phil and I saw a pug giving birth today on Animal Planet. It was totally weird. Do you know what color pup you want? I can't wait 'til the puppy and ferrets meet.

Wed Nov 10, 02:21:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Poor ferret.

Wed Nov 10, 03:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home