Friday, February 17

Commence crazy-ass driving


Everyone knows sleet is the daintiest of weathers, which is why it merits pink coloring.

This is apparently what's heading for Memphis. Fantasmical. I'm hoping it'll hold off at least until I can drive home. Hopefully this will be nothing compared to the Ice Storm of '94, during which my entire family lived in our basement for two weeks with no electricity and nothing but a kerosene heater by which we heated ourselves and the water we used to bathe. It was pretty hardcore.

I am the only person in this city who has not been to the grocery store today in preparation for the icy apocalypse, if we are to believe the TV news.

[][][]

Phil will make his Memphis rock 'n' roll debut next Friday (24th) at the Hi-Tone. He'll be playing a song that'll be coming out on the upcoming Makeshift Music compilation. You can click here to see the Hi-Tone's calendar. He's performing under the name "The Feeling," which I think should be "The Pheeling," but no one asked me. Some of the Makeshift kids will be playing backup, kind of a studio band set-up, and Phil will sing and either play the guitar or keyboard part. I'd link to the song he's playing, but it's not up on MySpace or anywhere else just yet.

Suckily, I have to work that night and couldn't get off in time to go. But if he plays late enough, I can probably make it over there after work. The Hi-Tone is a scant two blocks from my humble abode.

Everybody cross your various appendages for him!

6 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

Cool beans and crazy dreams. That's magnificent news. Send him my well-wishes.

Sat Feb 18, 12:24:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Maybe I could open for Phil. Or maybe he could change his band's name to Phil and the Feelers. And then, he could sing songs like "Hooked on a Feeling" or "Oh What a Feeling (The Theme from Flashdance)."

But seriously, I should open for Phil. We could rock with our cocks out together in unison.

Sat Feb 18, 01:58:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

No wait. "Oh What a Feeling" is the theme from "Fame." Isn't it?

Sat Feb 18, 02:03:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

When are you coming up to Murfreesboro? I've finally lined up another show after years of unemployment.
I'm opening for Marie's boyfriend's band at Neat-o Pizza on March 3.
Oh my Carl. I need to go out and buy a green felt dress, stat. I still have my pleated black mini-skirt from the last show.

Sat Feb 18, 02:04:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

TV, March 5, I think.

I don't know if you'll ever find a green felt dress in a store. It's time to try shopping online.

Sat Feb 18, 10:10:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Also, I'll tell Phil of your masterful plan. But you'll have to play "Hooked on a Pheeling" or "What a Pheeling."

I demand it!

Sat Feb 18, 10:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home