Friday, February 10

Friday's Feast -- Snowbird edition

Appetizer
What was a class or course you took while in school that you realize now was a total waste of time?
Introduction to Pop Culture. Yes, there was and is an Intro to Pop Culture class at MTSU, and I took it and managed to almost fail it until I talked the professor into letting me drop it way after the drop deadline had come and gone. Why was I failing? I think that semester I was an editor at Sidelines, plus I had two other part-time jobs, and just couldn't find the time to read Love Story or The Natural. Or to go to class. So I made a couple of really terrible pop quiz grades, and I bombed the mid-term, and there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to pull my grade back up to an A or B, which was all I would accept. So I got my first and only Incomplete grade for a frigging pop-culture course, where we basically studied entertainment fads of the 20th century. So very silly. It was useless for two reasons: One, obviously the subject matter is all fluff, and two, I didn't get anything -- grade or knowledge -- out of it.

Soup
Who is the tallest person you know?
J.R., I guess. I'm not sure I know anyone taller than 6-foot-4.

Salad
What's your favorite midnight snack?
Presently, that would be Breton crackers and colby jack cheese. Pretty much the worst thing you can eat in the middle of the night.

Main Course
Have you ever found money somewhere? If so, where did you find it, and how much was it?
I find money all the time. In random pockets in my own clothes, mostly. The amounts tend to vary from a couple of cents to $10 or so.

Dessert
Where would you like to retire?
Somewhere beautiful.

3 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

I also enjoy Breton crackers. They're my cracker of choice unless I'm craving salt. Gotta go with Triscuits then.

Remember when Patrick wrote the people at Hot Pockets? Perhaps we should write the Breton company.

Fri Feb 10, 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

you guys don't have the snowbird in Memphis, do you? I thought that was a Nashville thing.

Sat Feb 11, 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

That's a fabulous idea. Or have Patrick -- he of the anal horse shoe -- do it for us for better results.

Khall, we don't have Snowbird here, but I miss him so.

Tue Feb 14, 05:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home