Wednesday, February 15

All wind and quibbles

It's my week with the ferrets. Their favorite thing to do when I get home and let them out of the cage is for us to all sit in the hallway on the long, shaggy rug Kristin gave us last year as a moving-away gift, me scratching their backs as they stretch and yawn and look as cute as two smelly ferrets can look. (Which is outlandishly cute.)

[][][]

I am learning to live alone. I have to admit, I thought sleeping alone would be the worst part, but it has turned out to not be so bad at all. I control the lights, the window, the TV, the fan, and how rudely I can splay out on the bed and hog the covers. I don't have to consider anyone else's comfort. And that, my friends, rules.

[][][]

In the past three weeks I have bought -- no exaggerating here, I swear -- nine tubes of Carmex, and I just keep losing them. I have no idea what happens to them, but I'm given to imagining what fantastical journeys might have coaxed them so easily from my pockets and my purse. I should really check between the couch cushions in case there's some partying going on down there.

[][][]

The cable man is supposed to come early tomorrow. I hope to be blogging from my living room in about 12 hours.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

Sleeping alone is a pleasure that a lot of people don't understand, especially if they haven't done so in some time.

On the other hand, I never get comfortable while sleeping with another person (unless I'm dumb-drunk). This probably relates to the fact that I am freakishly tall and selfish.

Thu Feb 16, 08:11:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I don't sleep as well alone, but that comes from the whole security thing.

Have you ever noticed that guys will always sleep closest to the door? It's probably a coincidence, but I like to think it's so they'd get shot before I did in case of home invasion.

Thu Feb 16, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

I would say that the ferrets are stealing the Carmex, but they haven't been around. So clearly you have some chapped lipped trolls.

Thu Feb 16, 05:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home