Saturday, July 23

[Something's tugging on my leg and there it goes]
Today marks six months in Memphis. I just want to point out that it's 83 degrees in Nashville right now (feels like 88) and 89 degrees here (feels like 96). You wouldn't think there would be such a radical difference between the two cities, but I swear this is the hottest summer I recall ever having. Even Birmingham didn't seem this hot (well, it rained constantly). I guess that Cumberland plateau is pretty spiffy after all. If that has anything to do with it. I'm no topographer-meteorologist.

So yeah, it's hot. In other news, the dirt was brown today.

+++
Our new neighbors have relations very often, and very loudly. As they shook the walls last night (the third night in their streak), Phil and I winced and hoped we wouldn't have to explain the noise to Rickey, who was, thankfully, too involved in a video game to notice.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure your parents have told you it was 93 in Savannah and felt like 110. It was sweltering and is supposed to be for two more days. We're under some sort of heat alert that for some reason I stupidly can't recall the term for at this moment.

Sun Jul 24, 12:27:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Oh my god! That's insane.

Sun Jul 24, 02:18:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Do you think global warming really exists or is the government in cahoots with the National Association of Weathermen? Is it really 120 and the banks' temperature readings are off 30 degrees?

Sun Jul 24, 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Joey, you're sounding a little paranoid tonight. Have you been reading the Big Book of Conspiracies?

Mon Jul 25, 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home