Sunday, March 20

[Happiness is all the rage]
We decided to tackle the beastly spare room today. It's been a mess of boxes since we moved in, and all our guests have had to sleep in a sparse, depressing little room that smelled of cardboard and dust. So I hung some posters up and condensed the boxes down so that we could get most of them in the closet.

We ran across a couple of boxes full of Phil's toys (OK, and a couple of my toys) that both us us bought during that brief span of time when Todd McFarlane was first starting to do the Movie Maniacs series with Jason, Freddy, Leatherface, Michael Myers, and the gang. I bet Phil has more than 30 toys. (This is nothing compared to how many Jimmy has or used to have, I'm not sure which, but it's still a lot when they're just in a box, taking up space, and you don't have any children to terrorize.) Anyway, I thought it would be fun to do some stop-motion video a la the "Muh toys move" portions of the Bobby videos or, more recently, Robot Chicken. It would be funny to make little music videos with the toys singing and acting and send the tapes to our friends. But we don't have a camera.

I was hanging something above the window and sort of half-watching these people outside today when this dude's giant dog (the one that leaves enormous human-sized shit in our front lawn) comes bounding out of the apartment and attacks the woman the guy was talking to. She screams and hits the ground, and the guy has to take the dog inside and scold him while the woman writhes (mostly in embarrassment, I'm thinking) in the grass (and shit, maybe). She laid there forever, crying, and I almost thought about going out to see if she was OK, but then I remembered that I hadn't had my shower yet and would only make the situation worse by being a skanky, if well-intentioned stranger-in-pajamas-at-2-p.m. She was OK, I think, after the guy gave her a hug.

All right, now Phil's bitching at me to come help him finish up, so I better go before Grumpy McBitchwhine has a hernia.

2 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Found myself wishing you and Phil were here last night. I swear one day I'll venture to Memphis. I haven't been there since I was four years old; perhaps it's time.

Sun Mar 20, 04:39:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Ah, Coxypoo, I wish we'd been there as well. I heard that everyone was on his/her best behavior and that it was a good time, just like old times. You're more than welcome to come visit! The spare room is bitchin' now. It looks better than our bedroom, actually.

Sun Mar 20, 06:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home