Sunday, March 6

[Letting my fingers do the walking]
We finally, finally got a phone book. Well, two books, actually: One big fat book of yellow pages and another big fat book of white pages. They'll be infinitely helpful, I'm sure.

I didn't roll out of bed until noon today. Such a waste. I'm sure it's beautiful outside; it has been for the past week. When Phil gets off work, we're going to do something, though I'm not sure what. He has a really heinous schedule this week. He hasn't had a day off since Tuesday and he won't have a day off next until Sunday. They have him working 10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and then coming back from 5-8. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It has him scouring the city for another job, and thinking about not reporting back for that second half of the shift. Anyway, I'd hoped that we could get out and go to the zoo or take the ferrets to the park, or even go see a movie, but it will depend on how he feels when he gets off and whether or not he's going back in for that last miserable leg.

One thing I want to do on my own is take a trip out to the art store on Union. From the street it looks pretty awesome. I'm in need of some nice canvas, since I'm painting someone something for her birthday. I also have a hankering to go see what all the fuss about Peabody Place is. I drove past it one night after I got off work and it looks like it has fun date-type potential. We've also toyed with the idea of mulling around the UofM campus just to see what it's like.

It seems Sundays and Mondays are going to be my regular off days now, instead of Mondays and Tuesdays. Honestly, days of the week lack significance since I don't go to church and since I work at night, so I don't have a preference either way. As long as I get two consecutive days off, I'm happy.

That reminds me. I had a horrible dream about work last night. In it I was unaware that I was supposed to write a business column (if you know me, you know how irrational this scenario even is) so I didn't write one, and ended up getting in major trouble from my boss, who was screaming and cursing and really livid at my irresponsibility. I woke up before I got fired. A business column? Oy.

1 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

Hey, what a coincidence -- I happen to have a birthday coming up.

The prospect of excitement is a-twinkling in my belly.

A business column? Where would you even begin?

Sun Mar 06, 02:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home