Tuesday, January 11

[The only girl I've ever loved was born with roses in her eyes]
How did I miss that Susan Sontag died? I know the tsunamis engulfed much of the news coverage of the past two weeks, but how did I manage to see a story about Brad Pitt and Jennifer Anniston breaking up before I read that Susan Sontag passed ... two weeks ago? It was Salon that informed me. I finally renewed my subscription tonight. How I've missed their deliciously, unabashedly left-slanted news.

In honor of Ms. Sontag, I'll recount my day yesterday spent watching bad, campy television. What stands out as being so bad that it might actually be good is the new Surreal Life, which was completely mind-blowing. I've never seen any of the other seasons, and I just happened to catch season four's first episode while channel surfing. Verne Troyer (Mini Me) is completely insane when he's drunk. Moaning, groping, naked peeing, etc. And Chyna is just a more buff, slightly less drunk Anna Nicole. The whole concept is this insane, manufactured setting with all these embarrassingly irrelevent quasi-celebrities doing stupid publicity stunts (naked sushi? Come on). It even made Phil gut laugh, which is a pretty honorable feat.

Also, I beat Ratchet and Clank and am working my way through the advanced version where I can buy mega weapons!

2 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

How did you miss Surreal Life season 3? How could you miss Bridgette Nieslen and Flavor Flav? Verne Troyer pissing on a wall was the funniest thing I saw on television all night. Of course, I loved Da Brat's reaction: "That's not a restroom baby." And then, I felt a sense of shame wash over me after watching this brand of mindless entertainment. At least they're not eating pig testicles.

Tue Jan 11, 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

And Susan Sontag died. I did manage to catch that. The wonderfully whorish USA Today informed me somehow.

Tue Jan 11, 02:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home