Sunday, January 9

[What does this button do?]
Kristin's yard sale suggestion should not go unheeded. She originally suggested it to fund Gonzo's surgery, but he has since been given a fairly clean bill of health (bow to the fishy fat oil!). It doesn't matter, though. We have plenty of crap to get rid of, and we could really use whatever money could be squeezed from it. And I'm sure K&J have things they'd like to give the ol' heave-ho to. We all do. So, a list:

+ Our hideously octagonal dining room table and its uncomfortable chairs
+ Whatever leftover unwanted books I don't sell online
+ Plenty of old VHS movies we don't watch
+ Trinkets galore: candle holders, paperweights, a black light
+ A box of Student Publications pencils (unless anyone wants those for a sentimental keepsake)
+ Our big broken green chair (if anyone will take it; if not, it's dumpster time)
+ My inflatable chair and ottoman (which didn't sell in our last yard sale)
+ Clothes

I'm sure there's more. I just have to dig it out of the closet. Weather pending, of course, what about Saturday the 22nd? Everyone's welcome to join the festivities. We would probably have it on the tennis court here at Havenwood.

+++
And now, the secular humanist anthem.

"God"
by John Lennon

God is a Concept by which
We measure our pain
I'll say it again
God is a Concept by which
We measure our pain
I don't believe in magic
I don't believe in I-ching
I don't believe in Bible
I don't believe in Tarot
I don't believe in Hitler
I don't believe in Jesus
I don't believe in Kennedy
I don't believe in Buddha
I don't believe in Mantra
I don't believe in Gita
I don't believe in Yoga
I don't believe in Kings
I don't believe in Elvis
I don't believe in Zimmerman
I don't believe in Beatles
I just believe in me...and that reality


The dream is over
What can I say?
The dream is over
Yesterday
I was the Dreamweaver
But now I'm reborn
I was the Walrus
But now I'm John
And so dear friends
You'll just have to carry on
The dream is over

4 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

Yes, yard sales are awesome. I really want to get rid of some of my clothes as well. Our bedroom looks like crap all the time. We can bring Alvy, who will attract anyone in a 50-mile radius.

Mon Jan 10, 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Rock and roll! Does that date work for y'all?

Mon Jan 10, 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Colby said...

I'll serve as Yard Sale Spin Doctor, meaning that "hideously octagonal" table is now "uniquely retro," your "leftover unwanted books" are now "out-of-print classics" and your "big broken green chair" is now your "big broken green chair."

Hey, I'm working on it.

Mon Jan 10, 10:44:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

You're hired!

Tue Jan 11, 12:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home