Monday, January 3

[Learn it, know it, live it]
I made my first textbook sale on Half.com today. Selling stuff online is a thrill. Who knew? (Obvious answer is about 50 katrillion eBay users).

Phil and I had planned to sojourn to Memphis tomorrow to scout apartments, but I'm not feeling very optimistic about actually getting the job, so I think we might hang around the Boro and run errands, pay bills, etc. We can make a scouting trip when I actually know for sure that I'll be moving.

Fast Times is on now, so I think I'll make a turkey sandwich and stare at telly for a few hours. Mmm, the life of a graduate.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

I thought that you definitely had the job. What's the deal? Just curious. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Tue Jan 04, 04:17:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hey! Well, I was told that I had it, but it's been almost three weeks with no word now. I did, however, have a message today from the guy who booked my interview. He said things are moving slow and he's trying as hard as he can to push the acquisition through. The only thing that could knock me out of the job is if the publisher suddenly decides they don't have the money to hire. And I found out that they laid people off some odd months ago (presumably for financial reasons), so I don't know if I should hold my breath. I'm just being pessimistic and trying not to get my hopes up in case something goes wrong. :)

Hope Casey enjoys his new job!

Tue Jan 04, 09:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home