Thursday, January 6

[Clock's ticking]
In just a few days I've already sold three books on Half.com, which really surprises me for some reason. I wonder if I'm lowballing everyone else. I would sell off a few more books if I thought I could actually get a decent amount for them. But selling a book for $2 and then paying $2.10 to ship it is, I believe, bad business.

Phil is hooked on Ratchet and Clank. It doesn't take long before you start dreaming about it. I'm to the last level (I think, anyway), fighting the main boss, but I'm playing old levels in the meantime to so I can build up enough capital to buy a suit of armor that costs a million bolts. Then and only then will I be able to beat Dr. Nefarious. I'm a dork.

The apartment search is heating up. We've got our choices narrowed down to about three places we really like. They're all in the eastern part of Memphis, and they're all (according to Mapquest, at least), within 24 minutes of the newspaper office. We pretty much set our sights on two-bedroom townhomes, because we tend to stomp around and I know we drive our neighbors crazy, especially thanks to the creaky floorboards. As Nick pointed out, Memphis housing isn't too terribly expensive because it's all one big ghetto.

Have a looksee:

Lynnfield Place
Poplar Place
Hickory Forest

3 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

I vote for Lynnfield, but you can never rely on those Web pics. They add ten pounds....to your bagina.

Thu Jan 06, 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

I vote for Poplar Place, but that's ONLY because I had VERY close friends that used to live there. I used to visit and stay there often. It's very accessible to the loop in Memphis and is pretty quiet (at least it was a few years back). The apartments are pretty nice too with fireplaces, nice balcony decks, and outside storage rooms too! The bedrooms were also big. The downside is the kitchens are small and torpedo like, but not entirely bad to cook a meal. Hope this helps!

Fri Jan 07, 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hey! We thought the kitchens looked small from the photos, but you can't always tell. That's cool that you've actually been there. The bad news is that they only have one 2BR townhouse open right now, and it may get snatched up before we get to Memphis next week. We'll see. Right now it's totally up in the air.

Fri Jan 07, 07:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home