Wednesday, March 5

Hang in there, Patrick Swayze

Supposedly Patrick Swayze is on the verge of dying of pancreatic cancer. :(

When most people think of Patrick Swayze, they think of him possessing Whoopi Goldberg, or maybe doing pelvic thrusts alongside Chris Farley. Not me.

I think of the man who ensured my heterosexuality.

There was one summer in the late '80s when Dirty Dancing had just gone from being in the theater to being on HBO, and my sister managed to record it onto a VHS tape. We, along with Josh and Mandy, the two neighbor kids my sister babysat that summer, watched that movie at least once a day, every day. Dirty Dancing was listed on our daily schedule, just like lunch and chores.

And every time we'd watch the movie, we'd go absolutely batshit over the part where Johnny Castle gets out of the bed and you can see his butt for, like, two seconds. We'd pause the tape and giggle like maniacs.

How Josh grew up to be straight after that summer, I'll never know.

babysitting

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah saint said...

Oh, wow. Dirty Dancing. Nobody puts Dirty Dancing in a corner.

I hope he gets better.

Wed Mar 05, 04:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that, too, but it said it was from The Enquirer and unconfirmed. He had some gastrointestinal surgery a little while ago. That much is confirmed.

My parents used to watch Dirty Dancing that often, too. I liked it at one time until they drove it into the ground and broke it off (along with any other movie that starred Patrick Swayze). My mother luffed him.

Wed Mar 05, 06:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to write that what I read was unconfirmed.

Jesus. I should never leave the house and I certainly shouldn't have access to the internet.

Wed Mar 05, 07:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home