Friday, January 11

Methocarbamol, you're my best friend

My neck/back is pretty freaking sore today, so I popped a muscle relaxer a bit ago, and proceeded to call Ashley to chat and check on her and Luke and JD, and midway through our conversation, the pill kicked in and suddenly my sentences got longer and more meandering and I was stringing words together without syllables and I'm sure she thought I was drunk or maybe just stupid but I can assure you that I am both.

But it is the kind of drunk and stupid where you can still drive and go to work and be the president.

Interestingly enough, my neck/back still really hurts, and the only muscles that seem to have relaxed are the ones controlling my mouth.

Fun fact: The Memphis PD still has not filed my accident report from Dec. 29.

And before anyone yells at me: Yes, dammit, I will go back to the doctor.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the meantime, Batherapy Lavender bath soak rocks. Available at most drug stores.

Sat Jan 12, 01:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL, on second look, all this comment needs is a link to look like spam.

Sun Jan 13, 01:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The MPD handles over a hundred crashes a week (on average about 28per day) - and EACH one has to be reviewed by A traffic supervisor so it takes time to get them filed. These supervisors do not only approve these reports they have other supervisory duties as well including making the scene of certain crashes when needed for advice by the officer or PST.

Then once it is approved at the Traffic Office it is sent to Central Records to be manually filed - add that to all the criminal reports they recieve and it takes some time to get each report filed. A few years ago the State changed the format for TN accident reports - it went from a few pages to about 10 so not only does it take longer for an officer or PST to fill out but it also takes longer to be approved and filed. Due to the fact the crash reports require a manual drawn illustration of the accident these reports can not be completed electronically which would certianly expadite the process. The general rule is 7 days or so per report - factor in the holidays - and you can see that it can take a bit longer to get a copy.

Sun Jan 13, 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Oh, I have no doubt that the PD has a lot on their plate. Which is why I'm not raising hell about it.

Still, they've busted the 10-day window they told me they would need. Even if you subtract the weekends and New Year's, they've still busted it.

All I'm saying is, don't tell me it could take "up to 10 days" if it could really take "up to 15." And beyond.

It just puts me in a shitty position because I need a new car and since I was not at fault, I can't get money until I get that report.

Sun Jan 13, 11:27:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Methocarbamol is used for muscle pain. It is usually used along with rest, physical therapy, and other treatment.The medicine is usually taken as a tablet, but the inject-able form is sometimes recommended to treat cases of tetanus.however it is central nervous system. it will not act directly on muscles.

Thu Jan 17, 01:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home