Wednesday, January 9

Wednesday general blogginess — Caffeinated Edition

make like a tree

Coffee makes me a better singer. Does it enhance all my non-talents? I will try painting something just as soon as I get my laundry out of the dryer.

So, it's chilly again. Yay? Sunday night it was warm enough to put the top down on the Purple Pimpmobile. It was my first time riding in a convertible, much less driving one. I have to say, having no roof is extremely distractive (is that a word? I doubt it) to people (*cough*me*cough*) who have the attention span of cats and want to watch the trees and stars and buildings and ceilings of parking garages as they go whizzing by, making interesting patterns.

That got me to hankering for spring. Which is weird; I usually relish winter and all its long-sleeved glory. We haven't really had but one or two cold snaps so far. I know more will come. They always do. But I'm getting used to opening my windows and listening to the traffic again. And wearing flip-flops.

So, I'm still not sure about the car (my dad is doing all the negotiating with the insurance people; he won't even let me call them because "they will steamroll [me]," he says). I have gotten something like five separate calls to my cell from clinics wanting me to come in for free screenings (effing ambulance chasers) and a flyer in the mail from a doctor. I keep telling them I've been checked out, I'm fine, etc., but they keep calling. People really do love suing the shit out of other people. I'm just so glad I'm not on the other end of this equation.

I dread the moment when I have to buy a new car. My dad will find out that I'm in more debt than he thinks (he thinks I've just got the student load loan <---- hee hee, Freudian typo!; I wish) and I'm sure I'll get yelled at just a little. That's fine; I probably deserve it. Some of my debt is legit — accrued when I had expensive surgery in April — but some is pretty bogus — shopping related and left over from when I helped a friend get his busted-ass car out of the shop and didn't get fully reimbursed. But, you know, these things happen. I'll get it figured out eventually. Or not. Either way, I'm sure new and exciting bullshit will crop up for me to deal with instead. Wheee!

Happy hump day. Remind me to never blog while on caffeine ever again.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger La C. said...

Coffee makes me a better singer too. I mean the change in my voice pre and post coffee is amazing. Not that there is ever too much singing pre coffee.

Wed Jan 09, 04:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee makes me better at everything. I love it. Or maybe it just makes me feel like I'm better at everything. I love that, too.

I felt the same way about the warm spell! Driving to work a few days ago the sun actually came out. Now, I'm a puffickly huh-yooge fan of winter, and I tend to despise hot weather, mugginess, and sweat in street clothes. But seeing that glorious sun shining through the general Buffalo overcast awakened this joy in my soul that made me long for flip flops and sunburns and sweet-smelling sand in my ass. I think the upcoming summer will be the best yet, just because I've dealt with the winter so long now. Little glimpses of summer during the winter are amazing. Definitely a new favorite thing. Am adding it to the song.

I have yet to remark on the PT Cruiser. That's pretty fab rental, I bet. I've never been inside one, but a purple convertible seems like it has high potential for being the smoothest ride ever. And I don't mean the shocks.

Wed Jan 09, 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger Brent Diggs said...

I'm not sure but I think that non-caffeinated blogging is banned by the Geneva Convention. Even if it's not, I wouldn't want to risk it.

Thu Jan 10, 05:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh, I so dreaded the car-buying experience (and the hunt for the car, too), but once you get it over with you will be happy. I blogged a bit about how I made my decision to go with my Civic (and reviewed it), and I also blogged the day I actually bought the car, in case you're bored and want to read...

Thu Jan 10, 07:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home