Monday, May 28

Day 147 -- Rylee

[for May 27]

passie

Today Phil and I drove in to Saltillo together and he fired up both of my parents' grills and cooked up an enormous spread of burgers and sausages and chicken and hot dogs for our families. It was a rare treat -- getting both families (though incomplete) together for dinner, and having Phil get down in his element to cook for everyone. We sat out on the patio and took turns chasing Rylee down when she'd take off running downhill on the paved driveway. We winced at each step she took, sure it was only a matter of time before she took a tumble and came up with a skinned knee and a mouth screeching embarrassed protests.

But she didn't fall. In fact, she spent most of her time terrorizing the cats and calling me "momma" and Patrick "Bubba," which, I think, tickled and embarrassed him all at once. She wanted to hold his hand and she had a ball dancing on the flatbed trailer when he picked her up and put her on it.

The last time I saw her was months ago. She was mumbling words then. Now she's got whole sentences coming out of her mouth. The time, it flies.

Project 365

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The time, it flies.

Agree, I do. Much. Have photographic proof of it on my desk, from six months ago's wild Christmas toddler to last week's all-grown-up "I swim with alligators now!" bossy girl at the zoo. Sigh.

Glad y'all had such a well-deserved wonderful time. Those photos put us all right there with you, wiping the mustard off our chins and spilling Co-Cola down our laps. Thank you for once again sharing your gift and your family, too.

That "sophie is patient" photo has made me laugh so hard that my co-worker has expressed concern for my health. It's difficult to explain to a non-cat-keeper (not owner, ha) how perfectly your photo captured her "Jeebus save me maybe if I stay very still this small one won't oh my GAWD ouch the squeezing someone someone hep me hep me" thousand-yard stare. The "pleads silently for an intervention" one is directed at YOUR photo-taking butt, missy. "Save me NOW or I will ruin your entire family's holiday with one well-placed swipe. You KNOW I can."

Has Planet Ferret been prepped for the Feline Invasion? That should be fun. Or maybe Fun. Fun with Felix and Francesca. Or Felix and Fiona. Or Felix and Effin Cat Get DOWN Right NOW.

Kisses to all!

Tue May 29, 01:37:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I haven't quite prepped Planet Ferret for the kitty invasion. But every day I think about it ... and then put it off. :)

GF, I'm glad those pictures made you laugh. I love your comments. Thank you!!

Thu May 31, 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home