Thursday, December 21

This is cool

The Seattle Times, in light of the recent major storms and blackouts and whatnot, printed multi-lingual PSAs on the front page, warning of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning from charcoal heat and generators (from which six people have died and a hundred hospitalized).

This will likely disappoint the "Speak English or Move!" crowd, but it might save some lives.

And that, folks, is what newspapering is about.

3 Comments:

Blogger John H said...

don't tell some of the boneheads on our Metro Council this..they might get up in arms and resolve at attack Seattle.

Thu Dec 21, 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Palm Tree said...

I forgot my comment, but the password is "upchde". Similar to "upchode," is it not?

No, I'll never grow up.

Fri Dec 22, 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I would have thought the exact same thing. Extended adolescence is pretty much the best thing ever.

Sat Dec 23, 02:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home