Thursday, December 14

The car, she is dead

This morning I bubbled up out of my tumultuous (as always) dream state, threw on a jacket, and scurried out to the car to see if we could be friends again.

The resounding answer is no. No, no, no.

Naturally I called my dad (Best Dad Ever) for his advice (my own instinct was to have it towed to a dealership) and he made a quick phone call and located a place in Horn Lake, Miss., that his friends in the know recommend. So they're coming to tow my rebellious little hunk of scrap metal in a couple of hours. And they'll probably keep the car for a day. Or two. Or ten. You know how it goes. My credit card is primed and ready for the onslaught. And it thought Christmas presents were expensive. Bwa!

Thus begins my whirlwind affair with being carless.

It's exciting!

Just kidding. It sucks.

7 Comments:

Blogger Slartibartfast said...

All I can say is, bless your heart. You've really been through the wringer lately.

Thu Dec 14, 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

Solidarity, sister, don't feel alone! BOTH of mine are dead and out in almost-Bartlett right now. I've been without for almost two weeks. Yesterday's diagnosis (they can't find the root of the problem) was so bad on the one, I went ahead and had the other one (that they think they may be able to get running pretty quickly) towed out there this morning. Ugh. Keeping fingers crossed and will for you too!

Thu Dec 14, 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Justin W. McGregor said...

"Yay" for friends in the know! I made the mistake of trusting the dealership down the street and $600 later Amber and I are on alternator number four (in as many months).

Thu Dec 14, 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Lynnster, Justin, both your situations sound dismal. Here's wishing you both the best of luck.

And Slartibartfast, thanks for the blessings. :)

Some day we'll all look back on all these trials and laugh. And then they'll fasten our straightjackets a little tighter to shut us up.

Fri Dec 15, 01:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LT, my dear, we can go midnight grocery shopping or whatever you need when I pick you up tonight. I remember being carless in 2004 for quite some time, and it bloooooows.

See you tonight, homie!

The password is "ripeya."

Fri Dec 15, 07:50:00 AM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

I'm up to $755+ now on one car, but I should be able to get it back this afternoon.

The other, I'm seriously considering junking. It was totaled three years ago anyway, but drivable so I kept it. I'm not too keen on pouring much more money into it though, especially after the fortune spent on the other (which should run well and be dependable after all this).

Good luck with yours, hang in there. And by the way, we should do coffee or dinner sometime after the holiday madness.

Fri Dec 15, 10:15:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Oh, Lynnster, that suuuucks. Hopefully something will work out.

And yes, let's get together after the holidays!

Wed Dec 20, 02:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home