Monday, December 18

How the Grinch postponed Christmas (I wish)

Obvious: Christmas Day is a week from today.

Like everyone else: I'm not quite ready. And this time I can blame it not on my own procrastination (I started my shopping two weeks ago!), but on the fact that I and a transportational gimp for the time being.

So I'm here in the apartment, hanging out, up to my elbows in photo prints and clear adhesive photo corners and photo album pages (don't ask; yet another stupid last-minute homemade Christmas present project), and I've got shit waiting on me at the post office and beyond, that's just going to have to sit there until I have a way of getting there to pick it up. The bad thing is that I'm not really sure what it is; it could be a number of things. I'm losing track of what mail-order I still lack. And whether it all's going to get here in time. Ack.

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up my photos and nearly self-immolated right there between the slow-as-molasses self-checkout and the nearby display of books, cookware, lighter fluid, long johns, cantaloupes, and toenail clippers. It's my own fault, it always is, that I even end up in Wal-Mart at any time. I could have gone to Target (not that it doesn't come packed with its own frustrations) or maybe even Walgreens for my digital photo printing, but Wal-Mart lured me with its cheap pricing and online upload. Yes, yes, I'm part of the problem, blah blah hooey.

Just thinking about wrapping up loose ends late in the week (if I even get the car back by then; the mechanic says they've determined the problem but they haven't started fixing it yet and they're down to one mechanic who's swamped at the moment) is making me squirm.

I'm gonna need to move this holiday back a week. Everyone's on board with that, right?

4 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

I second the motion to move back Christmas, but only if I can have another week off of work.

Mon Dec 18, 08:04:00 PM  
Blogger grandefille said...

FYI for preventing future meltdowns: Snapfish.com, with one-hour printing at your nearest Walgreen's at 19 cents a print.

Plus, unless you wait to pick up your pictures until 10:30 Christmas Eve night, you're not going to find the same contingent of folks wandering around the aisles in Walgreen's that you do at Wally World.

I feel ya, though.

Kisses!

Tue Dec 19, 12:07:00 AM  
Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Hello, blog sister. (via John H, haha);)

Wed Dec 20, 12:12:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Khall, if I could give you another week off work, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

GF, I have a Snapfish account and I don't know why I haven't looked into actually using it for what it's intended.

I ended up ordering more prints from Photoworks.com. They offered unconventional sizes and matte finishes, which is cool. Pretty dang cheap, too!

Ivy, hi! John told me I was now his blog sister-in-law thanks to our resemblence. Ha!

Wed Dec 20, 02:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home