Wednesday, December 20

Nuggets of delightfully crunchy randomness

Wendy's got herself a birthday today. And she apparently recently lost her snake Salazar to some unknown-to-me affliction. That sucks, Wendy. I'm sure he was happy and healthy and slithery as all get-out when he was with you.

• The photo project I'm working on is turning out quite nicely. At the risk of either my parents or my grandmother reading this and finding out part of what I'm getting them (a small risk, as none of them hang out here ... to my knowledge), I will say that basically what I'm doing is using prints of photographs (many of which can be seen in this set on my Flickr account) and making two photo albums. I'm using scrapbooks, though, instead of photo albums, so I can lay each page out as I want. I chose a square book, so I've had to crop some photos down to unconventional sizes and shapes to get everything to fit. It's keeping it interesting.

I've got one done and one left to assemble. I'm out of photo-mounting corners, and I can't get any until I get my car. Which brings us to ...

• My car is ready and sitting in the lot of a Horn Lake auto shop. Turns out the passlock system was beyond effed up, so it required re-installing or reprogramming or both. Not sure. Alls I know is it cost me $400. AND THEN I had them check my brakes, which have been making the most god-awful grinding noises for weeks. Yeah, they were totally effed, too, despite what my previous mechanic had told me, bringing the grand total up to $700. Which makes December 2006 the most expensive month ever in the history of the world. I'll be paying that off my Discover card when I'm 40, I'm sure.

I can't go get it until Thursday afternoon, when I'll coax Phil into taking me down there when he gets off work at noon.

• I spent two hours tonight wrapping presents. Felix only once came to inspect my work and knock some boxes and rolls of paper off the couch.

• Phil thinks that the next guy I date will be older (late 20s, early 30s) and that the next gal he dates will be young, like 21. I think he's overshooting his own estimate by at least three years. I have no comment on his estimate for me, as I have apparently taken a vow of celibacy so it doesn't matter anyway.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

Gack, those stupid cars. My grand total on the one came to over $1100, and the mechanic called yesterday and said it'd cost a pretty tremendous fortune to fix the other one, so we're arranging to have it junked. I'm just hoping that I'll get enough $ out of it to be able to pay the mechanic for what he did trying to fix it and not be out any carrying cash. Bleh.

I know you're relieved to have yours finished, sorry about the cashola tho. Merry Christmas to us, huh? Yuck.

Wed Dec 20, 04:23:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Dec 20, 02:58:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I REALLY want to come see you for New Years. I was thinking about New Years in Murfreesboro and it's beyond unbearable. My little sister is going there for a beer-drenched debaucherous party. I'm scraping bones in my checking account, though. Maybe when my 'Advocate' check comes thru and with extra Christmas money, I will try. I might also sell some plasma.

Can I'll let you know post-Christmas? I feel bad just hem-hawing on this issue.

Wed Dec 20, 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Joey dear, you decide what's best for you when you feel it's time. I will be happy to provide floor/couch space for you if you come visit. I'd LOVE for you to make it here for New Year's, but I will understand if it's an impossibility.

Do what you need to do.

Thu Dec 21, 01:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home