Saturday, December 30

Still more pointlessness to look forward to!

The parents got me a new digital camera for my birthday. It's cute. It takes great video — with sound! The sucky thing is that it's a camera made especially for Windows, so the software can't be installed on my Mac and I've had to be guided by tech support through a process by which I can download the DivX player to actually watch my videos (I was just getting a sound track through Quicktime before; perhaps there was a better way, tech gods?). The second sucky thing is that I have to pay for the DivX player after my six-month trial is up. Is DixX owned by Samsung? YES, according to a rumor I just made up.

The other sucky thing is that now I will feel compelled to post crap like this:



It's just a test, I swear!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

All right! Live ferreting! Yay!

And happy birthday!

Sat Dec 30, 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

When you installed the DIVX player, it should have installed the codec to see DIVX videos in both their player and others (e.g., quicktime). Have you tried to play your video in Quicktime since you installed the DIVX player? Also, the 6 month trial should be for extras, not for the player or the codec (according to this).

Divx is not supported by Apple or Microsoft out of the box because they don't want anything getting in the way of their world media dominations (via h264/mov and wmv files, respectively).

Are you and your ferret taking down the Christmas tree? I haven't even sent out all my Christmas cards yet!

Sat Dec 30, 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger John H said...

How DO ferrets get along with Christmas trees?

Happy New Year..I look forward to a lot of Theo/Geo in the coming year and yes, MORE video.

Sat Dec 30, 04:22:00 PM  
Blogger grandefille said...

Woot! The All-Felix All-The-Time Network! Ferretty goodness! Yaaaay!

(Are you getting that we want more video? Yes? Hmm?)

By the way, Felix's "I was just HELPING, Momma," reaction when you told about the cord was hliarious. I would lurve for y'all to visit and see HarryCat's "Oh HELL no" reaction to Felix. (Because I'm mean that way to my cat.)

A happier, more peaceful, healthier, less-costly-in-all-ways new year to you, hon. Sending good thoughts to you. (And gratitude for your very wonderful post of the other day.)

Sat Dec 30, 10:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's official, yo. I'm stealing Felix. He's so CUUUUUUTE! I can't get enough Felix. More ferret blogging! Please!

I feel so honored that I got Felix-kisses while I was visiting. Maybe next time you roll through Nashvegas you can get some Sabian smooches.

Tue Jan 02, 08:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home