Friday, December 22

Cruisin'

Traveled to lovely Horn Lake, Miss., to get the car back today. The bastard started the first time I tried, and hasn't not started since. And my new brakes are deliciously tight and cushy, much like _________'s mom (reader's choice).

So, victory. Whee!

Phil was hopped up on endorphins all day today. He won a beautiful, extremely expensive guitar from work for his outstanding employee performance. And when I say extremely expensive, I'm talking more valuable than my student loans. Yeah, it's nice. His company also hooked its employees up with a nice little cash bonus and some freebies, like embossed duffel bags and blankets and shirts. And a steak lunch!

Meanwhile, some companies that own local newspapers posted multi-billion dollar profits this year, yet they refuse to give their employees a cost of living raise (in fact, employees at this particular news outlet have not seen a COL raise in several years) or Christmas bonuses or Kroger gift cards or anything. They're not even going to supply a meat and cheese platter for the poor schleps having to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. The poor schleps, I might add, who will not be getting paid overtime to work on the holidays.

Hmmm.

But I guess I can't complain. I got some sweet Christmas swag today from Ashley (a set of ENORMOUS wine glasses, Monster House on DVD, a bottle of lotion that I've been lusting after since I smelled it at her house, and a bottle of Millington's finest wine). I felt sheepish because I gave her a book yesterday. A book! In my defense, I've not been able to finish my shopping, so hopefully tomorrow I can pick up the rest of my stuff for her. And for everyone else still left on my list.

Looks like I'll be getting up at the ass crack of dawn and taking care of that.

Yeah, me and every other slack-ass in the city.

4 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

Yeah, Lonnie's boss gave everyone a $100 gift card for Christmas and then he bitches cause he won a cheap glass bowl during the employee gift raffle. I told him to shove the bowl where the sun don't shine cause I got stiffed this Christmas from my job.

Fri Dec 22, 08:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky Phil. Dan never won anything. He sucks at life.

About your other two gifts...they may be arriving sometime in January. Sorry 'bout that...

:(rwwhkk

Fri Dec 22, 07:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry. I typed the password in the comment field. Ergh.

Fri Dec 22, 07:19:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

hee hee

January is fine by me. I'm still hoping to get yours to you by the end of next week. Cross them digits!

Sat Dec 23, 02:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home