Sunday, March 5

Today

I know what's going to happen when I go to Nashville and Murfreesboro. Seeing my friends and the places I'd grown to love is going to rekindle that homesickness I'm wrestling with and had decided to quash for good just a week or two ago. It's what happened the last time I visited. October. I had nearly made peace with my geography then, and then a few days' worth of Nashville spoiled the rest of the year for me.

I'll try to fight it.

[][][]

The past two nights, work has been surprisingly manageable. It helps when enough people are on the clock to get nine editions out. It also helps when you can do a good chunk of the work for Sunday's paper on Friday night and early Saturday on overtime. I suppose we just need to get into a routine (if that's possible with different deadlines and editions every night) and get used to the idea of always being a little confused about what's going on. But I can't wait to get away for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home