Wednesday, February 1

Dispatches from the future

Working in the news biz has totally fucked up my understanding of the space-time continuum. For example, I just asked a co-worker why we didn't slap the Tennessee Bush speech story online last night instead of running it on the front page for tomorrow, seeing as how it's old news. He was confused. With good reason.

Because it didn't happen until this afternoon.

However, to me, it feels like the Tennessee speech was yesterday and the SOTU was a week ago, because I'm operating several days ahead of reality and every Bush speech tends to freaking run together and form one colossal black hole of suck.

Don't mind me. I'll be rocking myself to sleep in the corner.

2 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

Il Duce has been giving the same speech for four months, so in theory, you could have had the story written months ago and just slapped it on the paper when he (inevitably) came to Tennessee.

PS- My new favorite pasttime? Figuring out what the letters are in the word verification...is that a v, u or r? Who knows?

Thu Feb 02, 07:42:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yeah, the kerning is a disaster. It hurts my brain.

Thu Feb 02, 01:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home