Tuesday, February 7

Another day, another lame jab at Netscape

I'm on my lunch break again. Today we learned how to insert animated gifs onto pages. I put a trio of monkeys beside a waving American flag. It wasn't my cool post-modern statement on American intellect. It was the assignment.

We also learned about the blink tag, which didn't work for us. I Googled it and found out that it doesn't work because it's been deprecated by all but Navigator.

So, yeah. I don't know why we even bothered learning it. Just to prove I know it, this entire entry is in blink format, for all my Navigator-loving readers. The whole damned thing will blink off and on. Now THAT's Web 1.0!

But aren't you glad I learned how to marquee? Shoot me.

Seriously, I looked at the book we're using as a text and it was copyrighted way back in 2000. That's, like, decades ago in web years. But I'm not complaining. When we resume after lunch, we're going to talk tables and frames. And I'm not really all that good at either. So, yeah. I'll be designing like it's 1999 in no time!

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

The marquee rocks my socks off! You know, like your mom. Yeah, you knew it was coming...also like your mom. OK, I'll stop now.

Tue Feb 07, 04:08:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Ha! I just noticed that Firefox reads that blink tag too. What an abomination.

I am totally leaving it.

Tue Feb 07, 06:23:00 PM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

Tables and frames, eh? Sounds sexy.

Tue Feb 07, 08:26:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

OK, it said 3 comments, and when I clicked, there were four, so I thought maybe I'm just retarded, so I checked again, and the main theogeo page said 3, and this page said 4 and there were four. This hurts my brain. Hopefully it's all decided on 5 now.

Wed Feb 08, 02:23:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

All of the cool stuff you're learning. Maybe with this powerful knowledge, you can design me a really cool template sometime!

Wed Feb 08, 08:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home