Friday, January 13

I'll fly away, oh glory

There.

I just bought some mid-April tickets to The Schlong to see a girl about a horse. And, as my irrational fears never, ever leave me, I am already fretting in little spurts about the flight(s). Egads, I hate flying. Now I'm wondering if it's wise of me to fly in the middle of April, when it's likely to be rainy and stormy and slick and gross. But I wanted to escape the possibility of having to take off or land in the snow. Did I over/undershoot?

Even the canned Coke and palm-sized pack of pretzels or vanilla granola the smiling flight attendant will offer me will do nothing to soothe my paranoia. I just have to wince, chew gum fiercely, yawn constantly, and deal with it.

I am excited, naturally, at a whole host of things: Getting to hang out with Amber, meeting Craig, seeing Long Island in the spring (as I have only seen it during the fall), going to the city, taking a vacation from work, feeding the travel bug, etc.

Speaking of the travel bug, Joey and Marie are coming down tomorrow for a visit. I haven't seen either of them in many months. Maybe my and Joey's blogs will cross-pollenate when he gets here, and you'll get a dose of Theology on the Fritz.

3 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

Oh, mother fuckin' snap!

Don't worry -- the trip's only an hour and a half long. They'll tell you it's two hours, but they're lying. Your new iPod will come in handy. You'll be busy brainstorming music videos with clouds and shit in your head, and then you walk over in slow-motion with some awesome boots and, oh, take a drag off that cigarillo before the chorus swells.

Sat Jan 14, 12:20:00 AM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

I almost forgot. I don't really have a horse, but I do have this harness I built that lets you...ah, you just have to see it.

Sat Jan 14, 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I need to go boot shopping, then. The boots I have now make me limp like a gimp.

If your harness is anything like the threesome chair that was on the Daily Show the other night, I am totally in.

Sat Jan 14, 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home