Wednesday, December 21

Home? for the holidays

I'm sitting here trying to type up some directions to get dearest Amber from Murfreesboro/Nashville to my parents' house, and I'm having a helluva time doing it. It occurs to me that I don't have a clue how to get home or what any of the little back roads south of Parsons are called, or even how to explain how to find them. When I make that trip (which is seldomly, now that I live in West Tennessee) I just go on autopilot and know where to turn. Trying to explain it to someone else is nearly impossible. And Google maps, blessed and hallowed as they may be, aren't offering much help. See, I think the roads I take aren't even on the map. Is that possible?

They've got this one road listed as "Brookside Thompson Road," but my entire family has always called it "Brooksie Thompson Road." Who's wrong? Not the all-knowing, all-powerful Turners! And not the all-knowing, all-powerful Google maps!

In my diligent map-combing, I've learned that near Parsons there's a Jack White Road and a Three Way Road, neither of which I have traveled, but both of which sound way more fun than the racy Hwy 69 South I'm already familiar with.

So, to recap, Amber is coming to stay with me and my folks the day after Christmas (if I can get her there). I'm practically squealing at the thought, but I'll try not to let my excitement drive me to abuse exclamation marks.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

Do Jack White and Three Way intersect? More importantly- is Meg White Road involved?

Thu Dec 22, 05:46:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Ha ha. You know, that quip would have been totally gross and weird just a few short years ago, when everyone still believed they were brother and sister. Ew!

Fri Dec 23, 01:26:00 AM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

I will!!!!

Fri Dec 23, 09:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home