Saturday, September 24

[Lord willing and the creek don't rise]

Things have been a bit less tense here today, since Rita petered out a bit and smacked the coast up but didn't do the widespread catastrophic damage we all feared, though I'm not sure about the death toll so far. If I was from New Orleans and had been evacuated to Houston, and then evacuated elsewhere to flee Rita, I would feel like God had a beef with me personally. What's scary is that hurricane season isn't over until Nov. 30, and there have been so many storms already this year that forecasters might run out of names.


A portion of the storm status board at the National Hurricane Center in Miami displays the names of present and future tropical cyclones. If Wilma is used, then the next four storms afterwards would be named Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta if required. (Andy Newman/AP photo)

Rain is supposed to hit us here at about 11, which means I'll have the pleasure of driving home in a deluge at midnight. Maybe I'll take Union to Cooper to Central to Goodlett to Park to Lynnfield instead of the Interstate so I'm not careening along at 70 miles per hour on a slick road with the crazy Friday night traffic whizzing around me. Friday night I-240 traffic always includes a string of kamakaze motorcycle riders who assume that speed limits only apply to vehicles with at least four wheels. They scare me the most because one dim headlight can creep up on you, and motorcyclists who don't value their lives enough have a tendency to buzz too close, like flies.

We had planned on going to the fair tomorrow, but I suspect we'll be rained out. That's okay; I'd just as soon knock around the apartment all day and then go see Corpse Bride tomorrow night. It would be nice just to lounge around in the ol' sweatpants, catching up on some reading (the "Currently Reading" portion of this blog hasn't changed in a month or two) while the sky drains.

When you get the chance (like now), you should comment below and tell me which color scheme you like for the redesign. Your deafening silence tells me two things: 1. You don't give a flying frick and/or 2. Those choices suck. But really, I'd like some input. Don't make me beg.

5 Comments:

Blogger theogeo said...

Well, I didn't technically make that photo — Kristin and Jimmy painted it and I scanned it in. I love it, but I feel like if I used it in a flag, I would be ripping their idea off and perverting their art. But I guess since I use it on Facebook, it can't get much more perverted.

And I suppose as long as I credited them, it would be OK. Kristin, what do you think?

Brandon, you don't think the background color I have now makes it hard to read the text? Actually, it looks decent in Safari but really crappy in IE. I'm trying to find a layout that looks decent in both, since most of my visitors are shameful IE users. Shameful!

I s'pose I could invert my text and make it that off-white color ... and do something different for the headings.

I guess I'm just bored with this template, because I've used it for all of a month or two now, and you know how I like to change shit around. Plus now that I'm learning how to better edit the templates, I want to try some different stuff.

See you next weekend. We can talk blog skins all night! Woo!

Sun Sep 25, 02:37:00 AM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

I like punk and Tommy. You'll need that pink to know you're a womyn.

You know who you are and you know who you want. Sheeeeeet.

Sun Sep 25, 01:35:00 PM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

I don't really mind either way. It ain't like I'm trying to establish myself as some kind of artist.

Sun Sep 25, 07:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Burnt.

Mon Sep 26, 10:18:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

I like one...springy! Hope that you don't get too flooded indoors!

Tue Sep 27, 08:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home