Wednesday, September 28

[Always a bridesmaid ... for the first time]

It seems like spare moments have been squeezed out of this week altogether. Monday I had planned to do some trip preparation in anticipation of my sojourn to M'boro/Nashville this coming weekend, but I got called in to work. Since then it's been all work, all the time, pretty much.

I can't wait to see everybody, though. It's been too long since we all got together. The best part about the MT-Vandy game will be the hijinks that will ensue when Patrick and Jason piss off the Vandy foundation members with their profane, belligerent taunts directed at the players. But that's how we roll. It's always good comedy.

My car is piled with crap (as usual) that is going to have to move if anyone plans to ride with me to Jason's.

My sister e-mailed me a day or two ago and dropped a bit of an infobomb: The wedding has been moved up to Oct. 8 (that's less than two weeks). I fretted over having to ask for another Saturday off on such short notice, but my boss was surprisingly cool about it when I called him today. It probably just means I have to give up an off day that next week, but that's fine by me if it means I can go to the wedding.

I was put in charge of designing the invitations and downloading wedding songs to make a CD. Last night I scrolled through all the "Wedding March" versions on iTunes and decided that a nice, informal acoustic guitar version would suit the occasion nicely. It's an outdoor wedding, so I didn't much think a pompous, giant-cathedral-echoing pipe organ piece would make much sense. I'm still tempted to use the version Queen did for the Flash Gordon soundtrack, but she'd kill me the instant she heard the electric guitars.

At some point, I have to acquire some attire fit to wear to a wedding with a cranberry-and-white color scheme. This will be my first time ever in a wedding party, so I should probably make it count. None of my freaking friends are ever going to get married, so I may not get this chance again.

All right, I'm off to work.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I have a backup marriage planned. If I'm not married by a certain age, I'm gonna get married, and I promise to give you another chance to wear a dress you hate.

Wed Sep 28, 04:29:00 PM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

I thought we were getting married, pookie boots.

Wed Sep 28, 04:55:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Wendy, it's always good to have a plan.

Amberito, we'd have to move to Massachusetts, and didn't you hear that it's Boston's liberals who are causing all that pedophilia in the Catholic church?

Wed Sep 28, 09:45:00 PM  
Blogger J. R. said...

How I wish I was gonna be round for the MT-Vandy game. I almost got in a fist fight at MT-VU ver 1.0 because some smartass Vandy kid was making disparaging comments about the intelligence of MT students. So I asked him about his test scores...and then told him I wasn't impressed, since mine were WAAAAY better. Then I made some more disparaging comments about how my mommy and daddy couldn't pay to send me to Vandy and blah blah blah. Ashik defused the situation. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut...I was in their student section, after all.

Thu Sep 29, 07:52:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Ha ha! I've never seen Vandy fans in their natural habitat, so this should be interesting.

Fri Sep 30, 02:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home