Monday, May 2

[Soft silly music is meaningful, magical]
I was bad today at the bookstore. I went in to get my mom Eats, Shoots & Leaves for Mother's Day but came out with a book for my nephew Casey, a book for Amber, my mom's book, and three for myself. I blame Davis-Kidd for putting out so many shelves in the ridiculously perfect sunshine hand hanging big "bargain book sale" signs all over the place. A clever ploy, indeed. Okay, seriously, I think I buy too many books. Yeah, definitely. I try to use discretion and reason and common sense, but I'm a hoarder. What can I say? It's my one real vice, the one that I have a hard time suppressing. And I buy books for gifts, regardless of whether or not the person I'm giving the gift to actually likes to read. So yeah, if you're expecting a gift from me at any point in the future, you can almost count on it being a book. Is that a cop-out on my part? Books rule. I wish I had time to read them all. All of them. Even the bad ones.

We went so see Hitchiker's Guide today, and liked it. It was fun. We'll probably go back and see it again since we missed the first 15 minutes. The Vogon puppets are pretty freaking awesome. And that's all I'll say about the movie. Puppets and books rule.

1 Comments:

Blogger theogeo said...

Yeah, the yarn part was awesome. It convinced me that I might be able to handle a whole movie done in yarn.

Mon May 02, 11:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home