Saturday, April 30

[Slow night, so long]
So while I was away, the Grizzlies showed how much they suck and the President went around holding some dude's hand all day. Oh well. Oh, and there's a big music festival going on right now, but it's rainy and I have to work, so it's almost like it's not going on at all. Except for the traffic and the gas stations running out of receipt paper and closing early.

I've been thinking like a madwoman this week. Just sit around and think, think, think.

It all started with me having another lucid dream. I realized I was dreaming and, unlike last time, didn't freak out. So I made myself fly. Pretty cliche, granted, but it was pretty amazing. And easy. I just held out my arms like I was going to dive. I lifted up and took off and the dream segued right into another dream in which I was telling my dad that I had a lucid dream and he was amazed but also sort of afraid that it was some supernatural, Satan-related parlor trick. Like a Ouija board. Anyway, that part of the dream wasn't lucid; I thought I had woken up. But then it segued into another dream later, and I realized everything had been a dream and I had been sort of conscious through one part. Pretty strange.

And then I read a few books and got some fun ideas of my own and started writing. So I've been saving the words for that. They come so seldomly sometimes.

And I don't want to waste too many now. ...

2 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

How, my pet, did you manage to have a lucid dream?

I've never been in control, so people are always dumping me in tar pits and shit. Last night, the Indigo Girls left messages commenting on my breakup with Patrick and wrote on my car in permanent marker. Could I respond? No!

Sat Apr 30, 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

That's cool that you have idol sightings in your dreams, though. I don't think Jack White, wearing his special pants, has ever stopped by to hurl insults at me in my dreams.

I don't know how lucidity happens, but when it does, it changes your perspective on everything and you begin to question the validity of "reality." That's for sure.

Sat Apr 30, 10:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home