Thursday, August 19

[Observing the process will change it]
Green is the new red.

I have an interview with the Shelbyville Times-Gazette Monday for a part-time design position. It's sort of by accident, but what good timing. I've been job hunting for a couple of weeks now, and the other day, Cheryl mentioned that the T-G was moving to six days a week and might be looking for extra help. So I sent an e-mail to the editor yesterday morning, just to inquire about openings. When I returned to Murfreesboro last night, there were two voice mail messages for me from the publisher. He said it was spooky that I e-mailed them when I did, because they had just a few hours earlier spoken to a placement official at Motlow about getting some student help. So I'm heading to their office Monday to give them my clips and resume. He said the position would entail both editorial and ad design. We haven't talked about pay or a physical or any of the particulars, but it's pretty exciting that they're interested. I saw a copy of their paper today, and it's pretty small -- one section -- and could use a lot of work. I hope they'll be willing to take suggestions from a wet-behind-the-ears college kid. If, that is, I get hired.

I can't wait to get home and play Rollercoaster Tycoon. I have a serious addiction to this game. It's ridiculously fun. I sucked Phil into the dark world of lift hills and banked curves, so now we have to budget computer time when we're both there. Our love for the game only grows with each day that we don't have cable to suck on our attention spans.


1 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

You're a designing genius.

Thu Aug 19, 05:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home