Friday, March 5

Can't expect the world to be your Raggedy Andy
I got a message on my machine last night from another intern who'll be at the Birmingham News this summer. She was curious about my housing situation and whether or not I would need a roommate. Criminy. I was hoping I'd get to go down there completely anonymously and live in a hotel for three months. I would get up at 9 and work out in the workout room. Then at 10:30 I would take a dip in the hotel pool. Then I would eat lunch at a kitschy bistro downtown, then read a bit before work, work until 10 or whatever, come home, sleep, do it again.

I never factored other people into the equation.

Friday Five:

What was...

1. ...your first grade teacher's name?
Mrs. Hopper

2. ...your favorite Saturday morning cartoon?
Beetlejuice or Looney Toons. It varied.

3. ...the name of your very first best friend?
Probably Rachel Parker or Amy Forrest. Well, it might have to be Amy, since she was born a couple of months before me.

4. ...your favorite breakfast cereal?
Frosted Mini Wheats (now), but maybe Fruit Loops or Lucky Charms then.

5. ...your favorite thing to do after school?
Come home and watch TV, like all good American kids. Back in the day, when my sister was in school (that was forever ago), we would come home and watch the Dukes of Hazard and the Brady Bunch. Fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home