Friday, February 13

We don't really want a monster taking over
Already, I've seen something cute today, and it's only 9:30. I was skulking through the parking lot this morning, looking for a spot, when a woman and a little kid crossed the intersection in front of me. The kid, a 4-year-old blond boy, by my estimation, help up his hand for me to stop and smiled, mouthing "stooop" as they crossed. Heh.

Direct deposit will save my soul. Even if my hard-earned $500 check has already been eaten almost completely by the bank-penalty monster.

My brother is having surgery on his hand today. He's on his way to the hospital as I type this. He has some sort of ganglian (sp?) cyst. It's practically harmless, but it's inconvenient and kind of weird-looking. And he's only 16, so anything that might be a little weird is bound to be magnified by his mere adolescence (and that of those around him). If I had $1.25, I'd buy a Coke and drink it in his honor. Instead I'll munch on some stale air.

OK, the Friday Five.

1. Are you superstitious? Yes. But only in a way that is heavily based on Murphy's Law. I just assume that if I say something about anything, I'll jinx it.

2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition? I haven't really, but we all know tales of people who wear 'lucky' items of clothing for years (ew) and stuff like that.

3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition? Knocking on wood not to jinx things. And I do believe in it.

4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number/article of clothing/ritual? Sure. No. Maybe. Bad luck is definitely a force, so why not good luck? I don't have any rituals or clothing to channel good luck. I'll look into that.

5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not? Not so much. It's a good read every now and then, and it would make sense to put those useless other planets to good use, but I just don't buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home