Monday, February 9

I laugh until my head comes off
I hate starting each entry with "I." But this is my blog and I don't want to waste my time with cute exposition. I would rather cut to the chase and dump my dirty laundry on this examination table to pick through, one grass-stained pant leg at a time.

I don't know what's wrong with me. There's nothing really going on in my life right now to make me so scatter-brained/jittery/miserable/tired/uninspired, but I can't shake this constant numbness. And this constant back pain. Yeah, I should really get that checked out. Maybe tomorrow before class. It's really weird -- I can't bend or even sit/stand without sharp lower-back pain. It's even painful to walk. I lifted a TV more than a week ago, but this pain just kicked in a couple of days ago ... so I don't know if the two events are related. I keep thinking when I wake up it will be gone, but it greets me along with the alarm each morning. If I was living at home, I could just eat a few painkillers I'm sure are sleeping in the medicine cabinet (which actually spans two entire kitchen cabinets; my family relies on a lot of medication. Well, it's mostly sinus pills and ibuprophen.).

Forget Prozac and Cipramil. Is there a pill I can take to make me less flighty? A salve that calms me when I stress out over small things? A spoonful of sugary goodness to convince me that going to class is actually worth the trip out my front door? A suppository that will make me more articulate and sure of myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home