Wednesday, February 11

Tell me you're crazy, maybe then I'll understand
Back: Gradually getting better, after days of wincing at every movement. Still hurts to bend, though.

Head: Still kind of cloudy with thoughts of things I need to do, projects I need to complete, work I need to tackle.

Bank account: Tragically overdrawn. I really hope I don't have to go to my apartment office and get my bad check and pay their fee, but I guess I'll have to. This also means I can't pay my bills, which I've been ignoring for months because I don't have the money. God, I am so bad with money. So very bad. I need to send in my tax return, lest my water and electricity get cut off. Wouldn't be the first time. Sigh.

George W. Bush: Ever the bigoted hypocrite. He says he wants to keep big government under control and out of the business of micromanaging people's lives, but he's ready to back a constitutional amendment that would define marriage as between a man and a woman only. If the country is insistent upon recognizing heterosexual long-term monogamous couples as a legal entity and awarding them specific priveleges, it is only fair and just to recognize the devotion same-sex couples have to their pair bonds. If they want to make it legitimate in the eyes of the law, who are we to tell them they can't? This argument that we must protect the sanctity of marriage and family by discriminating against those who have "non-traditional" families is wrong. Since arranged marriages fell out of favor, love has been the basis for marriage in our society (well, so we say). And love is love – opposite sex organs or not. Writing discrimination into the constitution would be a terrible misstep for this country, but one that could be closer than we might like to think.

Read this story and then write your congressperson to support marriage rights for consenting adults – regardless of the sex of the person whom they love.

Dreams: Getting really, really weird lately. They usually involve people I know, but weird versions of them that don't make sense. I can't really even explain them – I can just imagine images from them. And those images are quite surreal. My brain must have a lot of trash to pick through each night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home