Wednesday, March 12

Fifty-two

mom and me
"Um, I ordered this one without the extra crazy, okay?"

Today's my mom's birthday. Once again I'm stuck here and can't celebrate with her, but I guess we already technically celebrated over the weekend. It's moot anyway, since she's in Nashville at the doctor checking yet again on the status of the cyst on her kidney, which is enough to ruin anyone's birthday. I've got every possible digit crossed in the hopes that the doctor will say, "My bad, it was just dust on the negative!" But, alas, we all know that it doesn't work like that. So, we wait.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger La C. said...

"I've got every possible digit crossed in the hopes that the doctor will say, "My bad, it was just dust on the negative!" But, alas, we all know that it doesn't work like that. So, we wait."

I wouldn't lose hope. My mom had a cyst removed from her ovaries that they were positive was cancer. We were discussing treatment options and survival rates with doctors, and she already had her first session of radiation scheduled when they decided to have the cyst retested and it came back negative for any type of cancer at all. We spent almost a month thinking that she was going to have to deal with a lot though.

Wed Mar 12, 04:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was always told to cross only one set of digits because pairs cancel each other out.

Hope it comes out well.

Wed Mar 12, 07:33:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

La, that's an excellent story! Makes the cynic in me feel like a jackass. :)

Kelly, excellent advice. Good thing I only have nine good toes. That way it all works out. Thanks. :)

Thu Mar 13, 01:00:00 AM  
Blogger sarah saint said...

I'm praying/good vibing. Keep us posted.

Thu Mar 13, 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everything turns out to be nothing.

I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and multiple lines for you.

Well-est of wishes. I'm thinking of yous guys.

Thu Mar 13, 10:00:00 PM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

You gotta know that our moms of that generation are built out of stronger stuff than we are. They will plow through everything with grace. And so will you.

Fri Mar 14, 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home