Monday, January 21

Say hello to my little friend

versa

Ain't it cute? Black with tan interior. Rockin' stereo system. Excellent visibility. Plush interior for an entry-level car. Smooth ride. Shiny as shit. (For now.)

We need to get a room. I'll admit it. Because we're in love. And I can't stop gushing. It's embarrassing.

And let me just tell you how stupid in love I am with this car. Actually, love has nothing to do with it. I'm just stupid. Tonight at about 9, I was headed north on Cooper, toward my apartment, when a big police Suburban flashes his lights at me and pulls me over just past Union and Cooper.

Shit, I'm thinking, I was going the speed limit! WTF!!! My insurance already went up the moment I bought this! Now this?! What did I do?!

Dude asks for my driver's license, and asks me what kind of car I'm driving. I explain, and say, "I just bought it today and I'm still learning how to use it!"

"Obviously," he says, "since you were driving without any lights on."

Oooooh, right. I'm not used to a car that doesn't have daylight running lamps. Thankfully, he let my idiot ass go. And from now on I promise to remember to turn on my headlights.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your new vice, versa.

Tue Jan 22, 12:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww.

~ pet pet pet pet pet pet pet pet ~

(hastily buffs off fingerprints with a freshly laundered chamois)

Hullo, pretty little car! You look rather 007-ish, in an undercover way. As if you could suddenly sprout laser-guided missiles (discreetly color-coordinated, of course), blast hooligans and tailgaters out of the way, and then calmly continue on across the bridge to go jukin'.

Be good to your momma, little car. She went through a lot to get you. And kiss your grandpa and grandma when you go home to see them.

Tue Jan 22, 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That car is so adorable I want to spend some time with it in the back of my car. *Smooches windshield after considerately removing lip gloss*

Tue Jan 22, 06:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, when I got rid of my Grand Am (which had a sensor in the grill(e?) that detected a certain level of darkness and turned on the effing headlights FOR ME), I did the same thing with my new car (the Civ, which has separate running lights but doesn't turn on the actual headlights for me.) I didn't get pulled over, but I did wonder why the hell it was so dark for a few blocks.

Congrats on your new friend!!

Wed Jan 23, 07:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home