Sunday, December 30

How I spent my Saturday night

crunch

I was heading west on Linden at about 11:40, stopped completely to turn left onto Cynthia (yes, my blinker was on) waiting for freaking ever because of the steady stream of traffic coming from downtown (Liberty Bowl and U of M basketball revelry), when some car just fucking plows into me from behind and pushes me into oncoming traffic. Thankfully, the giant SUVs heading straight for my face swerved to miss me and I moved my car back into my lane.

Turns out the woman who hit me — and her tuxedoed companions — were coming from a wedding. And had been drinking. She had no license. First thing she said to me was, "I'm fucked. I'm going to jail."

And after she watched her car get towed and came over to me and said, "Do you see this? Do you know how much this is going to cost?! This is an Acura!," I was hoping that she was right. A night in the clink would surely help her out on the humility front. They put her in the back of the police car but I have no idea if they actually took her to 201 Poplar or let her go. I got all the info I needed from her and the cop and got the eff out of there.

So, I'm fine (back's a little sore; I'm going to have it checked out later today). My car is not fine. I guess all that talk about being in the market for a new car wasn't bullshit after all. Yay?

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

2007 has been a year of traffic accidents for you Turners. Glad you're OK. Nervous about driving to Memphis this weekend, that is knowing there are far shittier drivers on the road than me.

Sun Dec 30, 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger Jerm said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry about your car. Glad you're ok.

Sun Dec 30, 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

Oh, jeez. A drunk driver incident could have been a lot worse. Well, now you have no more excuses to get a new car, right?

Sun Dec 30, 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger fearlessvk said...

aw shit that SUCKS. so sorry about your car and about the fact that the world is full of arrogant morons.

Sun Dec 30, 11:32:00 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Definitely sucks balls. I'm just glad you are okay.

Sun Dec 30, 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can you salvage that brand new spark plug?

Sun Dec 30, 03:41:00 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Well maybe if she intended to drink and drive (without a license, no less?!) she should have purchased a less expensive vehicle. Call Corey B Trotz to vie for some more new-car money, I say.

Sun Dec 30, 08:53:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Sorry about the car and glad you're OK. She rear-ended you and she was drinking? I'd go to town on her, that town being Vegas! Money, baby.

Sun Dec 30, 09:24:00 PM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

Nooooooooo!

Are Acuras expensive? Why wasn't she worried about the cost of her DUI? She could buy a new car with the bucks she's gonna fork out for that one. Idiot.

I want to touch your body. Or call you tonight. I forget which one.

Mon Dec 31, 06:42:00 AM  
Blogger Lesley said...

Oh man, what a pain in the ass. And what a total hag. I hope everything turns out okay. An email is coming your way.

Mon Dec 31, 07:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a CarMax in Memphis? If so, they're damn good. I speak from recent similar experience.

So very glad you're safe.

Mon Dec 31, 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my god! I say sue her ass. What a dumb bee-yotch. I'm with PP - she should have been much more concerned with how much her DUI will be costing her. I'm so glad you're okay. Sorry about your newly-repaired car. I think it's a sign to buy a new one PDQ.

Mon Dec 31, 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger Tangential said...

NO! I was right behind you when you turned onto Linden in the first place. Damnit, if you had called me, I would have turned right around. I'm so sorry.

Man oh man, I hope you're ok.

Mon Dec 31, 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger sarah saint said...

Wow. I'm so glad you're ok! I'm in agreement with the others who've suggested vengeance.

Tue Jan 01, 02:35:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thanks, everyone for the concern and well wishes. I'm really, really glad it didn't end up being worse than it was. It certainly could have been.

I'm putting Cory B. Trotz on speed dial just in case.

And god I hope I can get that freaking spark plug!!!

Thu Jan 03, 12:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bitch keep her name out of ur mouth.U dont have a life stupid ass bitch

Mon Feb 01, 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home