Thursday, October 25

The heat is on

My internal clock has been jacked up since I got back from Hawaii. I'm sleeping in too long and staying up too late. This throws everything off. I haven't been to the gym in three weeks, or the grocery in two.

I've been really bad to myself lately. Drinking too much and eating lots of crap food. Not exercising. It's catching up with me. My skin's been in constant freakout mode. My brain has been too.

This past weekend was particularly rough. I went out every night and spent lots of money on wine and tequila and fried things. Saw and heard lots of good music, though.

By Monday night I was craving vegetables and didn't want a glass of wine to come anywhere near me. That's strange for me. We all have our limits, I suppose.

They've turned the heat on in our building. Last night it was chilly, and I slept completely clothed: jogging pants, shirt, hoodie, socks — the whole bit. Tonight I came home and smelled the familiar scent of the radiator, all dusty and metallic and unused since February. It's a comforting smell, even if I have to open the windows to let some of the excess heat (which I can't control, since my valve is broken) out.

I haven't properly cleaned the apartment since before the trip. It's starting to wear on my nerves how gross it gets in here.

I have a bad habit of leaving crumpled paper towels lying around. Jack has a bad habit of turning those paper towels into heaps of shredded paper towels.

I don't know what the point of this post is. I'm just not sleepy yet and I have an itch to write, but nothing to write about. Ain't that always the way?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger La C. said...

Ahhhh, the gnawing feeling of discontent. I usually get that way after I manage to burn myself out on things that you should never burn yourself out on, namely partying (party food, party drinks, party dancing, party smoking eck). The older you get, the faster you'll burn out. Eat some veggies, get some sleep and hit up the gym. You'll be back to 100% by Monday. Or 85% at least.

Thu Oct 25, 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

I feel like that as well. I suppose our time in paradise made us long for some serious self-destruction.

Thu Oct 25, 09:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so jealous the heat's on in your building. we froze until the day before thanksgiving last year and i think it might be more of the same this year.

i get cold at 80 degrees...

Fri Oct 26, 04:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home