Monday, November 27

Suck it, Internet Explorer

So I just realized, thanks to a tip from Tamara, that Nocturnal Admissions looks like ass in IE. Most things do, but I don't want my stuff to.

I design blogs using Firefox, and if I get real ambitious, I check them out in Safari too. But rare is the day when I even open IE, so I had no idea this whole time that blogs I've been designing have looked like crapola on a stick in IE.

So if I've designed a blog for you and you and you or anyone else and it has looked like ass in IE from Day One and you just didn't want to tell me, I AM SORRY!

I think I'm leaving out some /div tags or something. Actually, I have no idea. Web design wonks: I know IE sucks, but why is it reading the code so drastically differently from Firefox and Safari? Please feel free to pilfer through the code at the aforementioned blogs as well as here and tell me what I'm doing oh so horribly wrong (be gentle; I'm a novice).


Note: I viewed the pages through IE for Mac, an unholy abomination of a browser, but it's the only version of IE I have access to today.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

Well... I'm looking at it with IE7 and it looks pretty great to me, but I don't have a past viewing to go by. I had a pretty horrific experience testing Blogger Beta with IE7 over the weekend, though... my blog not only looked terrible but much of it was non-functional. Going to re-test it later with Firefox, but that experience was pretty disturbing.

Unfortunately a lot of stuff I use almost daily doesn't play well with Firefox so I don't use it much, I wish I could use it more for more stuff...

Mon Nov 27, 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hi Lynnster! Thanks for checking it out. Maybe IE7 has fixed its issues and is reading better than IE5/Mac and the older version(s) of IE for PC. I really hope so. Otherwise, people using old versions of IE are going to think I'm some kind of idiot for the way the layout looks. (I'd rather them think I'm an idiot based on content.)

I've heard quite a few people say similar things about trouble with Blogger Beta. I'm anxious to switch over so I can use tags and stuff, but it keeps telling me it can't switch me. Of course it doesn't tell me why, other than the possibility that my blog is too large (that's probably it).

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Mon Nov 27, 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I like the new blog title. So sassy and cheeky, too. Can I be a guest host like you know, Jay Leno when he filled in for Johnny Carson before he unleashed his horror on millions as the permanent host of the Tonight Show?

Mon Nov 27, 04:35:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Sure! I sent you an invite. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll send it again.

Mon Nov 27, 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Your Mom sucks off Internet Explorer in dark corners. I'm sorry. I just had to do it.

Mon Nov 27, 04:45:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

My blog has ALWAYS looked great on IE and Firefox.

Tue Nov 28, 08:51:00 AM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

Mine looks great. Look at him! He's playing in the leaves! Heeeee

Wed Nov 29, 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

OK, cool. I'm glad y'all's look fine. I was worried for a while that you were being too polite to tell me!

Amber, say the word and that little bugger will be playing in the snow.

Thu Nov 30, 12:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home