Sunday, November 19

MySpace trolling

Well, I guess it's technically lurking, but I sure feel like a troll.

I generally try to steer clear of MySpace. I have a page, of course (because I am a tool, a TOOOOOL), but I usually only log in if I get an e-mail notification that I've gotten a private message. Which is rare. But every now and again I have too much to drink and I make the mistake of clicking on a friend's profile, and then their friend's profile, and then another person's, and before you know it, it's 2 a.m. on a Sunday morning and I'm freaking out over pictures of a baby spawned by a person from high school I could have sworn was gay.

Is this what Al Gore intended for the Internet? I doubt it.

Anyway, the understatement of the century: It's weird to see people from your past in pixel form, living their lives, getting married and making babies and putting sparkly GIFs and vaguely racist joke images on their pages like they lack common sense.

5 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

That sounds fun. I'm addicted Facebook. I like having Republican baby-poppers tell me that they're vaguely jealous of my cosmopolitan lifestyle. The same brethen who, in high school, told me that I would stay in Franklin the rest of my life, get married and pop out babies while watching UT football. My, how they were ever wrong! Kristin told me to snort a line of coke of an up-and-coming rock singer's abs just to spite them. God bless that child.

Sun Nov 19, 03:36:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I can't type at 4 am.

Sun Nov 19, 03:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 99.9% sure I know which high school friend you're talking about. And he works out at one of my gyms. The gay community wrinkles its brow in puzzlement.

Sun Nov 19, 02:53:00 PM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

I had one of those nights recently. I found myself feeling joyful over recognizing the merits of both moving on and staying in one place. I actually considered that a reunion might be fun to attend, even without my sister and a bag of pot.

You know, feelings an old lady might experience. Then I high-tailed it to Wal-Mart and purchased a straw wreath with fake leaves and a scarecrow to post in my front lawn.

It was a busy evening.

Sun Nov 19, 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

MySpace is truly a sickness. I really like to get my nerd on there.

Mon Nov 20, 09:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home