Friday, May 26

Curtains

This is it, kids. As much as it pains me to do so, I've got to stop blogging here. There's an incredibly long and complicated story behind the reasons why, but I just can't hang out here any longer. This blog has exacerbated some issues in my personal life and now my safety and sanity depends upon my either stopping blogging or going underground and doing so anonymously at another URL (which is probably what I'll do).

If it sounds a little scary, well, it really fucking is. If you need the full story, you can e-mail me at theogeo at gmail dot com and I'll probably tell you what you want to know. Within reason. But I'm not spilling here.

I'm still undecided on whether I'll let theogeo.blogspot.com stand as is, or if I'll move it to another URL. I'm not going to delete it. I've got too much going on here, too many words, too many comments from you guys, too many photos, too many memories, etc. I hope to one day, when I'm in a better position to do so, be able to resurrect theogeo.blogspot.com and resume what I've been doing here for nearly three years now. I don't know when or if that day will come. But I hope it will. And soon.

7 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

Well, dammit. But you know what's best for you and if your security is an issue, your friends will understand.

Fri May 26, 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

I really hate to hear this and hope you'll return one day. Of course, you're still invited to the bash!

Sun May 28, 02:32:00 AM  
Blogger Colby said...

*Sigh* another blogger turns in their tags. I'm gonna miss the careful deconstructions of woeful Sidelines columns, the tales of a Memphis I have never known, and even the photos of your furry companions, although I could never own one myself.

Here's to good times. Here's hoping for more soon.

Tue May 30, 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thanks, y'all, for the kind words. I plan to be back sooner than later, so keep your various appendages crossed.

Tue May 30, 12:55:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Look at Colby's chest. He looks like he's been kicking ass.

Tue May 30, 05:19:00 PM  
Blogger grandefille said...

Oh my goodness, Lindsey. I'm so sorry this has happened. I enjoy your commentaries and I hope you can find another, more secure outlet soon.

Take care of yourself.

Wed May 31, 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been telling you via email, but all of this really sucks, and I hope you can resurrect this site really soon. Take care and be safe.

Sun Jun 18, 10:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home