Tuesday, January 24

Three hundred sixty-five

Today marks a year in Memphis. At times, the days dragged on with excruciating precision, each minute calculated to live its full life. At other times, an entire month was gone in a blip and I had neither memories nor photographs by which I could remember it. But really, has it been a whole year?

I'm looking forward to another year here, but I can't help but wonder how much longer I'll be in Memphis. A year? Two? Five? I've got a million tiny strings tugging me in all these other directions, and I wonder how long I can ignore them, or if I even should. I don't know who's pulling them, after all.

[][][]

Somehow I've managed to be nominated for a Koufax Award. This is a really nice surprise, so thanks to the charitable soul who nominated me. I'm in good company as far as other nominees go. Aunt B made it, and so did IBtP and Pam's House Blend. Skimming through, I didn't recognize any other Tennessee blogs among the nominees, but I often overlook the most obvious things. My goal is to check the rest of the nominees out with more than a brief click through.

10 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

Isn't the Koufax Award for the Best Jewish Athlete? They don't hand out a lot of those.

Tue Jan 24, 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

If I'm even nominated for a Koufax, what does that say about the dreary state of Jews in athletics, hmmm?

Tue Jan 24, 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger oskiesmom said...

Cheers, Toots. Only four more years until Memphis will feel like home. But I think you'll be outta here before then. Plying your fabuloso skills in some technified city like Denver or New Yawk. And be married and have two babies. I'm heavy into fantasy scriptwriting.

Wed Jan 25, 12:02:00 AM  
Blogger Thomas Nephew said...

Other TN blogs that got nominated included Democratic Veteran, Thoughts of an Average Woman, and, in a way, mine (I'm an ex-Tennessean, Oak Ridge; not positive, but DemVet may be an expat too).

Congratulations all around.

Wed Jan 25, 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Congrats on the nomination!!!

Wed Jan 25, 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thomas, I had no idea! Thanks for passing along the info, and congratulations on your own nomination!

O'Mom, I sure hope by "babies," you meant "ferrets," honeychile.

Wed Jan 25, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger TVonthefritz said...

Honeychile!

Wed Jan 25, 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

That was for you, Fritzypoo.

Wed Jan 25, 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger HUCK said...

You rock my world, Theogeo! So glad to hear those tremors are being felt elsewhere, as well.

Well deserved.

Congrats!

Wed Jan 25, 07:28:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Shucks, Huck. You're making me blush. :)

Fri Jan 27, 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home