Tuesday, January 24

Three hundred sixty-five

Today marks a year in Memphis. At times, the days dragged on with excruciating precision, each minute calculated to live its full life. At other times, an entire month was gone in a blip and I had neither memories nor photographs by which I could remember it. But really, has it been a whole year?

I'm looking forward to another year here, but I can't help but wonder how much longer I'll be in Memphis. A year? Two? Five? I've got a million tiny strings tugging me in all these other directions, and I wonder how long I can ignore them, or if I even should. I don't know who's pulling them, after all.

[][][]

Somehow I've managed to be nominated for a Koufax Award. This is a really nice surprise, so thanks to the charitable soul who nominated me. I'm in good company as far as other nominees go. Aunt B made it, and so did IBtP and Pam's House Blend. Skimming through, I didn't recognize any other Tennessee blogs among the nominees, but I often overlook the most obvious things. My goal is to check the rest of the nominees out with more than a brief click through.

8 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

Isn't the Koufax Award for the Best Jewish Athlete? They don't hand out a lot of those.

Tue Jan 24, 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

If I'm even nominated for a Koufax, what does that say about the dreary state of Jews in athletics, hmmm?

Tue Jan 24, 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Thomas Nephew said...

Other TN blogs that got nominated included Democratic Veteran, Thoughts of an Average Woman, and, in a way, mine (I'm an ex-Tennessean, Oak Ridge; not positive, but DemVet may be an expat too).

Congratulations all around.

Wed Jan 25, 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Congrats on the nomination!!!

Wed Jan 25, 11:07:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thomas, I had no idea! Thanks for passing along the info, and congratulations on your own nomination!

O'Mom, I sure hope by "babies," you meant "ferrets," honeychile.

Wed Jan 25, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Honeychile!

Wed Jan 25, 02:43:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

That was for you, Fritzypoo.

Wed Jan 25, 03:51:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Shucks, Huck. You're making me blush. :)

Fri Jan 27, 11:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home